Our year-long course is ideal for you to really get stuck into a project to be proud of. Act, produce, and work on delivering a short film to be shown at an industry showcase and exhibited at festivals.
The 12 month professional acting course will allow you to develop a deep understanding of screen acting, knowledge of how the industry works and how to win, and grasping how directing, filming and editing works too. Not to mention networking within the industry and receiving a professionally finished film for your showreel, too.
This course is the most comprehensive offering we have, and we’re proud of it.
This course runs one weekend per month (Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday all day) for 12 months – so you don’t need to give up your day job!
The 12-month screen acting course includes:
- A role in a short film you develop during the course to be submitted to film festivals
- Vocal training (breathing, warm-ups, accents)
- Improv training
- Screen acting training, using various acting techniques like the Meisner approach.
- Studio recording sessions – rehearse and shoot your scenes and see them edited and played back. This is an invaluable experience for an actor.
- Professional headshots
- Showreel footage – from both in-studio and locationshoots
- Training in scriptwriting and directing
- Learn how directors and editors think!
- Learn from professional actors and coaches including Steve North (Doctor Who), Shobu Kapoor (Eastenders, Citizen Khan), David Schaal (The Inbetweeners), Adam Morse (Lucid) and voice coach Naomi Todd (Mamma Mia)
- .. plus you’ll become part of the supportive, welcoming Reel Scene community.